MSGSTORE file, how can I open a .MSGSTORE file?
The table below provides useful information about the .msgstore file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the .msgstore file?
- What program do I need to open a .msgstore file?
- How can the .msgstore file be opened, edited or printed?
- How can I convert .msgstore files to another format?
We hope you find this page helpful and a valuable resource.
✅ WhatsApp Saved Chat History
The MSGSTORE file is a WhatsApp Saved Chat History. WhatsApp is a proprietary, cross-platform instant messaging subscription service for smartphones. In addition to text messaging, users can send each other images, video, and audio media messages.
⚠ Be careful with .msgstore files.
It's important to know that the .msgstore file extension can be used by various programs, not just the ones you expect. This includes potentially harmful software or malware that might create .msgstore files. Be cautious when dealing with .msgstore files from unknown sources.
🔴 Can't open a .msgstore file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .msgstore file
It means that the operating system does not have a default app associated with the .msgstore file type. To resolve this issue and open the file, you can take the following steps:
- Right-click on the .msgstore file. A context menu will appear.
- From the context menu, select Open with. Windows will display a list of recommended apps.
- If the desired app is listed, select it from the provided options.
- If you cannot find the appropriate app, you may need to install software that supports the specific file type.
If you don't know how to change the default app for the .msgstore file, check the FAQ.
🔴 Can I change the extension of files?
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. The extension of a file serves as a hint to the operating system and various software programs about the type of data contained within the file. When you alter a file's extension, you essentially modify how software applications interpret and handle that file. Every file has a specific format, also known as its file type or file format. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format.
If you have helpful information about the .msgstore file extension, write to us.