LESSHST file: How can I open a .LESSHST file?
The table below provides useful information about the .lesshst file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the .lesshst file?
- What program do I need to open a .lesshst file?
- How can the .lesshst file be opened, edited or printed?
- How can I convert .lesshst files to another format?
We hope you find this page helpful and a valuable resource.
✅ Less History File
The LESSHST file is a Less History File. Less is a terminal pager program on Unix, Windows, and Unix-like systems used to view (but not change) the contents of a text file one screen at a time.
⚠ Be careful with .lesshst files.
It's important to know that the .lesshst file extension can be used by various programs, not just the ones you expect. This includes potentially harmful software or malware that might create .lesshst files. Be cautious when dealing with .lesshst files from unknown sources.
🔴 Can't open a .lesshst file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .lesshst file
It means that the operating system does not have a default app associated with the .lesshst file type. To resolve this issue and open the file, you can take the following steps:
- Right-click on the .lesshst file. A context menu will appear.
- From the context menu, select Open with. Windows will display a list of recommended apps.
- If the desired app is listed, select it from the provided options.
- If you cannot find the appropriate app, you may need to install software that supports the specific file type.
If you don't know how to change the default app for the .lesshst file, check the FAQ.
🔴 Can I change the extension of files?
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. The extension of a file serves as a hint to the operating system and various software programs about the type of data contained within the file. When you alter a file's extension, you essentially modify how software applications interpret and handle that file. Every file has a specific format, also known as its file type or file format. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format.
If you have helpful information about the .lesshst file extension, write to us.